Spot the difference: Here’s a look at the two bags, the Hermes Birkin bag and the Hermes Kelly bag, side by side:
The Hermes Birkin bag is quite similar to the Hermes Kelly bag, both of which are fabulous, but personally I prefer the Kelly bag as I find the Birkin too “slouchy” – the Kelly holds its shape better…
The Hermes Kelly bag is, not surprisingly, named after style icon Grace Kelly.The bag became part of fashion history in 1956 when Grace Kelly, now the Princess Grace of Monaco, attempted to protect her pregnant stomach from paparazzi photographers.
It’s considered to be more formal than the casual “throw is all in there and head off for a weekend of fabulousness” Birkin.
The Birkin can remain easily open at the top, which is more flexible than the Kelly, and is the best way to tell the difference between the two: The Kelly has a single handle, and the Birkin has two handles.
Enjoy our Hermes Kelly bag photo gallery…
And compare to our Hermes Birkin bag gallery:
Which style bag do you prefer? And in which colour? Leave a comment below.
Some luscious Hermes products here:
Be sure to follow our Hermes board on Pinterest for even more Hermes lusciousness. You might also like our photo gallery pages devoted to fashion brands:
- Fashion products: Clothes, shoes and accessories on the runway and in campaigns
- Fashion editorial: Models, magazines and editorial shoots
- Fashion photo galleries on Facebook
More Hermes lusciousness here:
- Grace Kelly Style: Fashion for Hollywood’s Princess by Kristina Haugland, Jenny Lister and Samantha Erin Safer
- High Society: The Life of Grace Kelly by Donald Spoto
- Grace Kelly Style by Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairy Tale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier by J. Randy Taraborrelli
- A Touch of Grace: How to Be a Princess, the Grace Kelly Way by Cindy De La Hoz
- Grace Kelly Style by H Kristina Haugland
- The Hermes Scarf: History & Mystique by Nadine Coleno
- Drawing Fashion: A Century of Fashion Illustration by J. Chariau
- Bringing Home the Birkin: My Life in Hot Pursuit of the World’s Most Coveted Handbag by Michael Tonello