Renovating your kitchen? Or just wanting to add some colour through new accessories? Then you might find some inspiration in our Kitchens photo gallery…
There are lots of classic white/beige/grey kitchens in this photo gallery, but we’ve also thrown in some colour, so I hope you find something you like. Essentially, you will get the best value from your kitchen if you keep it neutral in design but bring in colour through cheaper elements such as small appliances and more-easily-replaced features.
Scroll through the gallery here:
Some tips for a luscious kitchen
- Invest in good hardware such as knobs and taps, and bring in lovely cupboard doors and light fixtures, but you can go cheaper on the cupboard shells.
- Don’t skimp on your counter tops – they get the most wear and can degrade quickly if you’ve tried a cheap-and-cheerful approach.
- To reduce tile costs, consider using a sharp white subway tile – it’s simple but classic.
- If you have the luxury, create built-ins for appliances such as microwaves, blenders and juicers to reduce counter space congestion.
- Avoid feature tiles unless you’re super keen as they can date easily – personally, we’re living in a rental house with heaps of 90s-style feature tiles in the kitchen and bathrooms, and sadly it is not a luscious look.
More kitchen photo inspiration lusciousness
You might also like the beautiful photos via our Facebook page:
- Kitchen wishlist: Smeg, Nespresso and KitchenAid
- In the kitchen
- Laundries and mudrooms
- Home organisation inspiration
- Dining rooms
Kitchen decor books to consider checking out:
- House Beautiful Kitchens: Creating a Beautiful Kitchen of Your Own by Lisa Cregan
- Kitchens: Creating Beautiful Rooms from Start to Finish by Emma Callery
- Country Living 500 Kitchen Ideas: Style, Function & Charm by Dominique DeVito
- Lyn Peterson’s Real Life Kitchens by Lyn Peterson
- Candice Olson Kitchens and Baths by Candice Olson
- Great Kitchens: At Home with America’s Top Chefs by Ellen Whitaker , Colleen Mahoney, Wendy Adler Jordan
Cookbooks to buy:
- The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman
- Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust by Ina Garten
- What Katie Ate: Recipes and Other Bits and Pieces by Katie Quinn Davies
- Nigellissima: Easy Italian-Inspired Recipes by Nigella Lawson
- It’s All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great by Gwyneth Paltrow
More stylish homes in these posts: