Following on from our “Over fifty and fabulous” posts, here’s a look at some beautiful fashion…
See those posts here:
- Over 50 and fabulous: Top women over 50
- Over 50 and fabulous: Ageing gracefully – Books and movies about living a luscious life after fifty
- Over 50 and fabulous: Tips for being luscious when you are fifty+
Invest in a few good pieces, then add accessories
Create your own capsule wardrobe of plain staples in basic neutrals, such as:
- plain black shift dress, plain wrap dress
- smart black or navy trousers for the work and cocktail parties
- comfortable but elegant casual black pants for casual events and travel
- black or navy skirt, just above the knee
- white blouse, white or black casual long-sleeve top, white or black 3/4 sleeve top, white t-shirt, black t-shirt
- selection of plain, coloured cardigans and jackets eg. red, navy, pink
- elegant camel, beige, white or black coat
- nude, white and black shapewear
- one investment handbag and an evening clutch
- nude, white and black shoes, including casual flats, ballet flats, heels and boots.
With a bit more money, start bringing in colourful printed tops, skirts, pants and dresses which can be mixed-and-matched with the capsule items, then play with shoes, hats, scarves, belts, jewellery and shoes.
See suggestions in the LUSCIOUS SHOP.
Here are some shopping suggestions for elegant women, 50 and over:
(Click on the image to see more details and to buy)
See more suggestions in the LUSCIOUS SHOP.
More suggestions in the LUSCIOUS SHOP.
See our related posts about being over fifty and fabulous:
You might also like: