UPDATE: Princess Charlene and Prince Albert of Monaco are officially pregnant – congratulations! The announcement came out today, May 30, 2014, and the baby is due at the end of the year.
It will be their first child together – scroll down below to read about Prince Albert’s other children.
UPDATE: Congratulations to Monaco royal Charlotte Casiraghi and her boyfriend Gad Elmaleh on the birth of their son Raphaël, on Tuesday evening, December 17, 2013, in Monaco’s Princess Grace Hospital – first photos below.
- Charlotte Casiraghi, 27, daughter of Princess Caroline, is pregnant with her first child, and apparently engaged to partner French-Moroccan comedic actor Gad Elmaleh
- Her brother, Andrea Casiraghi, 29, is marrying his Colombian girlfriend, heiress and socialite Tatiana Santo Domingo, on August 31,2013 (they had a baby boy, named Sacha, in March 2013)
- Princess Charlene, 35, who married Prince Albert in 2012, is ready to start a family now that she’s settled into being a royal
- Pauline Ducruet, 19, Princess Stephanie’s daughter, is turning into a stylish young lady…
Keep reading for more about Monaco’s royal family >
A quick history lesson about the Grimaldi family
Grace, a style icon, both then and now – see our Grace Kelly photo gallery – starred in several classic films including To Catch a Thief, High Society and Rear Window. She won an Oscar for her performance in the 1954 film, The Country Girl.
They had three children:
- Prince Albert
- Princess Caroline
- Princess Stephanie
The three children of Rainier and Grace have since produced nine (acknowledged) grandchildren.
*Note that only children born during wedlock are eligible to inherit the Monégasque title.
- Jazmin Grace
Caroline Louise Marguerite, Princess of Hanover, and heiress presumptive to the throne of Monaco
Princess Caroline, born 1957, has married three times and had four children:
1). Philippe Junot (born 1940) married in1980, divorced 1978.
- No children
2). Stefano Casiraghi (1960-1990), married in 1983. Casiraghi died in a speedboat racing accident in 1990.
- Two sons and a daughter: Andrea Casiraghi (born 1984), Charlotte Casiraghi (born 1986) and Pierre Casiraghi (born 1987).
- Andrea and his fiancee Tatiana Santo Domingo had a son, a son named Sasha, in March 2013, and married in August 2013.
- Charlotte and her boyfriend Gad Elmaleh welcomed a son, Raphaël, in December 2013.
3). Prince Ernst August of Hanover (born 1954), married in 1999.
- One daughter: Princess Alexandra of Hanover (born 1999).
Above, Andrea’s wife Tatiana with their baby son Sasha (left), and Charlotte’s baby son, Raphael (right).
UPDATED: Charlotte with her baby son, Raphael
Albert II, Prince of Monaco, the current ruler of the Principality of Monaco
Albert has two illegitimate children from affairs with two women:
1). with Tamara Rotolo, he has a daughter, Jazmin Grace Grimaldi (born 1992) who lives in California
2). with Nicole Coste has a son, Alexandre Coste, born in 2003, who lives in France.
Princess Stéphanie Marie Elisabeth of Monaco
Princess Stephanie, born 1965, has married twice and had three children with two fathers:
1). Daniel Ducruet (born 1964) married 1995, divorced 1996.
2). Adans Lopez Peres (born 1974) married 2003, divorced 2004.
See our photo galleries here:
- Grace Kelly
- Charlene Wittstock: Before she was a princess
- ROYAL WEDDING: Monaco royal wedding – July 2011
- Charlotte Casiraghi
- Charlotte Casiraghi for Gucci’s Forever Now campaign 2012
- ROYALTY: Other royal weddings
- ROYALTY: Royal tiaras
Learn more about the principality of Monaco:
- Official website of the Monaco royal family
- Wikipedia page for Monaco
- Wikipedia page about the reigning monarch of Monaco
Books and DVDs about the Monaco royals:
- The Royal House of Monaco: Dynasty of Glamour, Tragedy and Scandal by John Glatt
- Palace: My Life in the Royal Family of Monaco by Charles Higham and Christian De Massy
- Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairy Tale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier by J. Randy Taraborrelli
- Grace Kelly: The Secret Lives of a Princess by James Spada
- Grace Kelly: Icon of Style to Royal Bride by H. Kristina Haugland
- The Grace Kelly Years: Princess of Monaco by Frederic Mitterrand
- People magazine: The Royals Revised and Updated: Their Lives, Loves and Secrets
You might also like: