- Princess Charlene is pregnant with twins (E Online).
- Gucci celebrates the launch of their new cosmetics line with Monaco’s Charlotte Casiraghi (Gucci)
- Pauline Ducruet, also of the Monaco princely family, is Lancaster’s new Ambassadress in Asia (PRNewsWire)
Keep reading for more about Monaco’s royal family…
UPDATE: Princess Charlene and Prince Albert of Monaco are officially pregnant – congratulations! The announcement came out today, May 30, 2014, and the baby is due at the end of the year.
It will be their first child together – scroll down below to read about Prince Albert’s other children.
UPDATE: Congratulations to Monaco royal Charlotte Casiraghi and her boyfriend Gad Elmaleh on the birth of their son Raphaël, on Tuesday evening, December 17, 2013, in Monaco’s Princess Grace Hospital – first photos below.
- Charlotte Casiraghi, 27, daughter of Princess Caroline, is pregnant with her first child, and apparently engaged to partner French-Moroccan comedic actor Gad Elmaleh
- Her brother, Andrea Casiraghi, 29, is marrying his Colombian girlfriend, heiress and socialite Tatiana Santo Domingo, on August 31,2013 (they had a baby boy, named Sacha, in March 2013)
- Princess Charlene, 35, who married Prince Albert in 2012, is ready to start a family now that she’s settled into being a royal
- Pauline Ducruet, 19, Princess Stephanie’s daughter, is turning into a stylish young lady…
A quick history lesson about the Grimaldi family
Grace, a style icon, both then and now – see our Grace Kelly photo gallery – starred in several classic films including To Catch a Thief, High Society and Rear Window. She won an Oscar for her performance in the 1954 film, The Country Girl.
They had three children:
- Prince Albert
- Princess Caroline
- Princess Stephanie
The three children of Rainier and Grace have since produced nine (acknowledged) grandchildren.
*Note that only children born during wedlock are eligible to inherit the Monégasque title.
- Jazmin Grace
Caroline Louise Marguerite, Princess of Hanover, and heiress presumptive to the throne of Monaco
Princess Caroline, born 1957, has married three times and had four children:
1). Philippe Junot (born 1940) married in 1978, divorced 1980, with a a canonical annulment from the Roman Catholic Church in 1992.
- No children
2). Stefano Casiraghi (1960-1990), married in 1983. Casiraghi died in a speedboat racing accident in 1990.
- Two sons and a daughter: Andrea Casiraghi (born 1984), Charlotte Casiraghi (born 1986) and Pierre Casiraghi (born 1987).
- Andrea and his fiancee Tatiana Santo Domingo had a son, a son named Sasha, in March 2013, and married in August 2013.
- Charlotte and her boyfriend Gad Elmaleh welcomed a son, Raphaël, in December 2013.
3). Prince Ernst August of Hanover (born 1954), married in 1999.
- One daughter: Princess Alexandra of Hanover (born 1999).
Above, Andrea’s wife Tatiana with their baby son Sasha (left), and Charlotte’s baby son, Raphael (right).
UPDATED: Charlotte with her baby son, Raphael
Albert II, Prince of Monaco, the current ruler of the Principality of Monaco
Prince Albert II of Monaco, born 1958, married South African Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock (born 1978) in 2011. They don’t yet have any children together but apparently Princess Charlene is soon to give birth to twins.
Albert has two illegitimate children from affairs with two women:
1). with Tamara Rotolo, he has a daughter, Jazmin Grace Grimaldi (born 1992) who lives in California
2). with Nicole Coste has a son, Alexandre Coste, born in 2003, who lives in France.
Princess Stéphanie Marie Elisabeth of Monaco
Princess Stephanie, born 1965, has married twice and had three children with two fathers:
1). Daniel Ducruet (born 1964) married 1995, divorced 1996.
2). Adans Lopez Peres (born 1974) married 2003, divorced 2004.
See our photo galleries here:
- Grace Kelly
- Charlene Wittstock: Before she was a princess
- ROYAL WEDDING: Monaco royal wedding – July 2011
- Charlotte Casiraghi
- Charlotte Casiraghi for Gucci’s Forever Now campaign 2012
- ROYALTY: Other royal weddings
- ROYALTY: Royal tiaras
Learn more about the principality of Monaco:
- Official website of the Monaco royal family
- Wikipedia page for Monaco
- Wikipedia page about the reigning monarch of Monaco
Books and DVDs about the Monaco royals:
- The Royal House of Monaco: Dynasty of Glamour, Tragedy and Scandal by John Glatt
- Palace: My Life in the Royal Family of Monaco by Charles Higham and Christian De Massy
- Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairy Tale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier by J. Randy Taraborrelli
- Grace Kelly: The Secret Lives of a Princess by James Spada
- Grace Kelly: Icon of Style to Royal Bride by H. Kristina Haugland
- The Grace Kelly Years: Princess of Monaco by Frederic Mitterrand
- People magazine: The Royals Revised and Updated: Their Lives, Loves and Secrets
You might also like: