Luscious ones, my choice for best dressed at the 2013 Golden Globe awards is Katharine McPhee from “Smash” wearing a black Theyskens Theory dress. I don’t think this photo does her justice but she really did look sensational! See more Golden Globe 2013 fashion photos here…
My second best choice was Anne Hathaway in a white Chanel dress – elegant and simple.
Jessica Alba also looked fabulous – ladylike in a peachy Hollywood glam Christian Dior look.
Adele also looked impeccable in Burberry but we have seen this look before…
Claire Danes takes the prize for a “Oh, I just had my baby last month” draw-dropping appearance in Versace. (I’m sure new mothers everywhere are now sticking pins into a doll of her image…)
Great to see Downton Abbey‘s Michelle Dockery looking stylish in Alexander Vauthier, although I preferred the look from the waist up – there was something about the V section below that doesn’t quite work. Be sure to check out all of our Downton Abbey posts too!
The best comment relating to frockage was Julianne Moore who said she just rang up Tom Ford and asked him for a dress. How marvellous would it be to have Tom Ford accepting your calls and whipping you up a dress??
Best couple of the night? Emily Blunt and John Krasinski. Adorable.
Take a scroll through our photo gallery of other frocks from the red carpet, and leave a comment below about who you thought was best dressed, and join in on the conversation on Facebook and Twitter. You can share our Golden Globes 2013 photo gallery on Facebook too.
More fashion on these photo gallery index pages:
- Fashion products: Clothes, shoes and accessories on the runway and in campaigns
- Fashion editorial: Models, magazines and editorial shoots
- Fashion photo galleries on Facebook
If you’re on Pinterest, you can follow our Red Carpet Awards Fashion board and repin the frocks too!
BTW, these books look interesting:
- Beyond the Red Carpet: The World of Entertainment Journalists by Francine Brokaw
- Red Carpet: 20 Years of Fame and Fashion by Frank Trapper, photographer
- Will Work for Shoes: The Business Behind Red Carpet Product Placement by Susan J. Ashbrook
- 80 Years of the Oscar: The Official History of the Academy Awards by Robert Osborne
- Fashion Public Relations by Gerald J. Sherman and Sar S. Perlman
- Ready to Launch: The PR Couture Guide to Breaking into Fashion PR: Transform your passion for fashion into a successful career by Crosby Noricks
- Secrets of Stylists: An Insider’s Guide to Styling the Stars by Sasha Charnin Morrison